Click here to view recent blog posts about this car.
Vehicle: 1988 Pontiac Fiero
Exterior: Custom black and red digital camo vinyl wrap
Engine: 1993 Chevrolet 3.4 DOHC V6 “LQ1”
Drivetrain: Mid-engine rear wheel drive, 5-speed Getrag 282 manual transmission.
Purchased: December 2006
- Balanced and blueprinted 1993 3.4 DOHC V6 from a Chevrolet Lumina Z34.
- Custom short-runner intake manifold.
- 2.5″ exhaust with Magnaflow muffler.
- Dyno-tested at 220 whp @ 5800 RPM, 218 ft·lb @ 4900 (tested at Church Automotive in June 2007 on a Dynapack).
- California emissions legal, inspected and approved via the California Bureau of Automotive Repair.
Transmission / Clutch:
- Hybrid Getrag 282 with late-model upgraded differential.
- Clutchnet organic/kevlar clutch
- West Coast Fiero brake caliper relocation brackets for 12″ Corvette rotors, Centric high-carbon 12″ brake rotors.
- Porterfield R4 brake pads
- Goodridge SS brake hoses
- Brake cooling ducts
- C4 Corvette fast ratio power steering rack (2 turns lock-to-lock)
- TRW Electric Power Steering Pump (Porsche 997 Cup Car / Vauxhall Astra application)
- Front: Bilstein ASN-series 46mm monotube dampers with custom shafts and valving, 750 lb/in springs, custom fully-adjustable upper control arms and polyurethane bushings.
- Rear: Koni Sport Red adjustable struts, custom adjustable coilover conversion using Coleman Racing adjustable sleeves and Hypercoil 475 lb/in springs. Out-Pace Racing rod-end lateral links. Polyurethane bushings in factory trailing links.
- Front: Motegi MR-116 17×7 (48mm offset), 215/45/17 Hankook RS3
- Rear: Motegi MR-116 18×9 (45mm offset), 275/35/18 Hankook RS3
- Rear: NASCAR Car of Tomorrow wing (Crawford Composites) with straight endplates
- Front: Custom front splitter / undertray, tire spats, improved radiator inlet duct
- Spal radiator fan (p/n 30102082)
- Griffin 1-25201-X radiator
- Setrab 19-row Series 6 oil cooler /w 200*F thermostat
- Seats: Red Corbeau A4 and Sparco Rev
- Sparco Steering Wheel
- Weighted Momo Shift Knob
- Interior color changed to black
- Harness bar
- Sparco Rev and Corbeau A4 racing seats
- Schroth Profi II 6-point harnesses
- H3R Performance HG250R HalGuard CLean Agent Fire Extinguisher
/DRIVE made a film about my car.
There’s a full length version for /DRIVE+ subscribers:
… and a free, but shorter version:
Another option is to buy the full length video a la carte for $0.99 on Vimeo.
3 thoughts on “1988 Pontiac Fiero”
Comments are closed.